NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility THE DAD 2.0 / COTTONELLE “LET’S TALK BUMS” HAIKU CHALLENGE (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of XY Media, LLC, Kimberly-Clark, and other companies associated with the promotion of the Contest, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to win the Grand Prize. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
2. Sponsor The contest is sponsored by XY Media, LLC, located at 12 Greenway Plaza, Suite 1100, Houston, Texas 77046.
3. Agreement to Official Rules Participation in the Contest constitutes entrants’ full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER HAIKU MAY BE POSTED OR LINKED TO OR USED IN ANY MEDIA BY SPONSOR OR COTTONELLE, IN THEIR SOLE DISCRETION. Submission of an entry grants Sponsor and Cottonelle the right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify such content in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant.
4. Contest Period The Contest begins on September 23th, 2013 at 12AM EST and ends on November 4th, 2013 at 5:00 PM EST (the “Contest Period”). Entries that are submitted before or after the Contest Period will be disqualified. Submissions will be accepted for the duration of the Contest using Twitter (www.twitter.com) as the medium.
5. How to Enter Participants must have a valid Twitter account, and: 1) create an original haiku that references bathroom etiquette in a clean, positive and lighthearted way, 2) post the haiku via Twitter using both the #letstalkbums and #haiku hashtags after the haiku in the entry. Entries that do not include both of the #letstalkbums and #haiku hashtags, correctly entered and in their entirety, will not be considered or reviewed. Entries submitted directly at the www.wipingpoetic.com website will require Twitter authentication and will be posted via the entrant’s Twitter account and displayed on www.twitter.com. Haiku entries submitted via Twitter may include links to entrant’s own original content posted on other sites, such as relevant YouTube videos or Instagram images, however entries must be posted via Twitter to be valid for consideration in this contest. Entries submitted via anywhere other than Twitter and not posted on Twitter will not be considered as valid entries for this contest.
Haiku content must be in keeping with Sponsor’s and Cottonelle’s public goodwill and image and may not be offensive nor can it defame or invade upon the publicity rights or privacy of any person or otherwise infringe upon any person or entity’s personal or proprietary rights, as determined by the judges in their sole discretion. Haikus containing any profanity or lewd references will be disqualified at the sole discretion and judgment of Sponsor. Incomplete entries and entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification. Limit three (3) entries per day per person.
6. Selection Criteria a) Weekly Winners: All weekly entries will be judged by a qualified panel of Dad 2.0 judges on the basis of: creativity of presentation (30%), humorous theme (40%), and Cottonelle product involvement (30%). In the event of a tie, the entries involved in the tie will be re-judged according to the criteria listed above, and if still tied, the most humorous entry will be determined the winner.
b) Grand Prize Winner: The Grand Prize winner will be selected at random using www.Random.org from among the group of weekly winners previously selected and validated.
7. Winner Notification a) Weekly Winners: The weekly potential winners will be posted on the www.wipingpoetic.com website and once via the @dad2summit Twitter account each Monday beginning on September 30th, 2013, and ending on Monday, November 4th, 2013. Each potential winner will be required to contact email@example.com or send a Twitter direct message to @dad2summit to claim their weekly prize. Sponsor will require a valid email address for prize delivery, and will require the potential winner to further validate their identity at Sponsor’s discretion. Potential winner must complete, sign and submit the necessary eligibility forms within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to submit the forms within the required time period (if applicable), or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. If the potential winner is at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, who will be required to sign the eligibility forms on the potential winners behalf and fulfill any other requirements imposed on winner set forth herein. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. The Prize will be fulfilled no later than 10 weeks after the conclusion of the Contest.
b) Grand Prize Winner The Grand Prize potential winner will be notified directly of their selection, and the potential winner must complete, sign and submit the necessary eligibility forms within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to submit the forms within the required time period (if applicable), or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. If the potential winner is at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, who will be required to sign the forms on the potential winners behalf and fulfill any other requirements imposed on winner set forth herein. Potential Grand Prize winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only two (2) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain unawarded. The Prize will be fulfilled no later than 10 weeks after the conclusion of the Contest. Grand Prize winners agree to attend the 2014 Dad 2.0 Summit in New Orleans, LA, and acknowledge that there is no cash-equivalent prize offered in lieu of the conference trip should they choose not to attend for any reason. Sponsor (or Sponsor’s representative) will directly book the hotel and airfare arrangements for the Grand Prize winner.
8. Prizes a) Grand Prize – One (1) Conference “Epic Experience” Attendance Package for the 2014 Dad 2.0 Summit to be held in New Orleans, LA January 30-February 1, 2014. Prize package includes one full all-access pass to the 2014 Dad 2.0 Summit, round trip coach airfare to New Orleans, LA for one person within the contiguous 48 states, two (2) nights standard hotel accommodation at the J.W. Marriott New Orleans Hotel, and a $250 USD Visa gift card.
b) Weekly Prizes – Each weekly winner will receive one (1) $200 Amazon.com gift card. All terms and conditions of Amazon gift cards apply. Weekly prizes will be fulfilled via email.
Total approximate value of all prizes $3,500. No substitution or transfer of prizes permitted, except by Sponsor who may substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event of prize unavailability.
9. General Conditions In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, bug, worm, server or website outage, unauthorized human intervention or other technical problem, or in the event the Contest is unable to run as planned for any other reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) terminate the Contest and, in the event of termination, award the prizes at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorneys fees) and any other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Release and Limitations of Liability By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Kimberly-Clark, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, other companies associated with the Contest, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto), including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors associated with the Contest, including lost, interrupted or unavailable Internet Service Provider (ISP), network, server, wireless service provider, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cellular tower or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (c) mechanical, network, electronic, computer, human, printing or typographical errors; (d)application downloads, (e) any other errors or problems in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in the administration of the Contest, the announcement of the winner, the cancellation or postponement of the event and/or the flyover, if applicable, the incorrect downloading of the application the processing of entries application downloads or in any Contest-related materials; or (f) injury, death, losses or damages of any kind, to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrants participation in the Contest or acceptance, receipt or misuse of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto). Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
11. Disputes Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Texas. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Texas.
13. Winner List To request the name of the winner send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to XY Media, LLC, 12 Greenway Plaza, Suite 1100, Houston, Texas 77046. Winner List requests will only be accepted after September 15, 2013 and before October 15, 2013. For the Winner List, you can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At its most simple, a haiku is a 17-syllable poem separated into three lines; the first and third lines comprise five syllables each, and the second has seven. Here’s an example:
Without Cottonelle, My hygiene habits would be, Such a solid waste.
In order to differentiate these lines, you can either add a line space (using your Enter key), or a “/” at the end of lines 1 and 2, like this:
Without Cottonelle / My hygiene habits would be / Such a solid waste.
When composing your haiku, keep the following in mind:
Be creative; the more unique and clever your work is, the more likely it is to stand out.
Puns, metaphors, sly implications are all good.
Be family-friendly; if you have small kids, avoid any language you wouldn’t want them to use on the playground or at school.
Try to refer to the Cottonelle Care Routine. This is, after all, an ad campaign.
For inspiration, refer to this site to see what the other participants are writing.
Please note: These guidelines are only a subset of the Official Contest Rules. Before you submit any haiku, be sure to read them thoroughly.
To enter, you must submit your haiku through an active Twitter account.
Watch Twitter for all announcements regarding winners of weekly prizes; if you win, that’s how we’ll let you know!
All haiku must adhere to the standard, 17-syllable format (Writing Tips)
Be sure to include both the #letstalkbums and #haiku hashtags. (This will amp up the challenge to craft the perfect 17 syllables within the remaining 119 characters!)
All haiku must be family-friendly, and blissfully free of any lewd or inappropriate references or language. All submissions that are deemed to be in bad taste will be disqualified.
By accepting one of our weekly prizes, you agree, that if you win the grand prize, you’ll join us in New Orleans for the upcoming Dad 2.0 Summit, on Jan. 30 - Feb. 1, 2014 (there is no cash-equivalent prize).
Enter Your Haiku
Haiku Entry Successful
Your haiku has been entered successfully, and will appear here on the site shortly. Check back here and watch Twitter for all announcements regarding winners of weekly prizes; if you win, that’s how we’ll let you know!
Feel free to submit more haikus and have fun reading everyone's #LetsTalkBums haikus.